In one word, how would you describe diversity?
Sketch a classroom that would appeal to a variety of learners (think areas).
Brain break: Draw a self portrait of yourself as a superhero.
Why is it important to be a part of a diverse learning environment?
Discuss and Share
ELL's also learn by nonverbal communication. What is an example of nonverbal communication?
What is the best way to ensure that all students in the classroom feel included?
- A) Have students take turns leading the class discussion
- B) Assign specific seats for each student
- C) Make sure to give all students equal opportunity to share their point of view
- D) Have students work in groups of similar academic ability
What is the best way to ensure that all learners in the classroom are engaged in the material?
- A) Use a variety of teaching methods
- B) Allow plenty of time for group work
- C) Use multimedia tools and technology
- D) All of the above
Imagine you are a foreign exchange student in a different country. What country are you in? Draw a cultural event you will experience in that country while there.