Activities to work on improving the classroom environment
What do the students know about the classroom environment?
- This is a great activity to hear what the class already knows about the classroom environment
- First, the students get 2 minutes to write what they know about the classroom environment
- Then they can vote on the best suggestions from other fellow students
- Then you can see what the class collectively knows about the classroom environment
Q: Describe what a classroom environment is
Let your students be creative
- Drawing is a great way to express yourself
- First, all the students draw what they think is a good classroom environment
- The students' drawings can be used for a conversation about a good classroom environment
Q: Draw a good classroom environment
Let the students start with what they can do themselves
- The students are given 2 minutes to come up with ideas on how they can make the classroom environment better for others
- Then you can have a class discussion about all the ideas
Q: What can you do to make someone in your class have a better day?
Let your students come up with their own ideas
- After everyone has come up with ideas for what they can do themselves, they can create ideas for what the class can do together
- Students are given 2 minutes to come up with suggestions
- Then they can vote on suggestions from fellow students that they also like
- You can then have a class discussion around the ideas
Q: How can we get a better classroom environment?