The sea breeze and land breeze are caused by the unequal heating of the land and sea during the day. Sea breezes are more common, and usually occur during the day, while land breezes typically happen during the night. The difference in temperature between the sea and land is what causes the winds to blow in opposite directions.
Did you know?
What causes a sea breeze and land breeze?
What is a sea breeze?
- A warm wind that blows from the land towards the sea
- A cool wind that blows from the sea towards the land
- A strong storm that occurs over the ocean
What causes a sea breeze?
- Difference in temperature between land and water
- Movement of clouds over the ocean
What is a Land Breeze?
- Warm air moving from water to land
- Cool air coming down from mountains
- A cool wind blowing from land to water
Sea breeze is a wind blowing from the ocean to the land. Land breeze is a wind blowing from the land to the ocean. These breezes occur due to differences in air temperature on land and sea.
Sea Breeze and Land Breeze