Name one food chain or food web?
"How energy flows into and out of an ecosystem via the pathways of food chains and food webs"
Organisms: Living things, such as plants and animals. Food Chain: Linear sequence of organisms that depends on each other for food. Food Web: Network of interconnected food chains.
Food chains are linear sequences of organisms that depend on each other for food. Food webs are networks of interconnected food chains. All living organisms are part of one or more food chains.
Food Chains and Food Webs: Explained
Simple feeding relationships in an ecosystem can be represented using food chains. Arrows show the flow of energy in a food chain between organisms.
Only 10% of energy entering a trophic level is passed on to the next level.ins
Food chains are too simple to represent ecosystems where organisms feed on more than one source. A food web shows feeding relationships in a community.
Producers (plants) go near the bottom. Organisms eating must go above all their prey Arrows show flow of energy. They must go up. Decomposers are grouped together below producers. Dotted lines go down to decomposers from all organisms Label trophic levels.
Food web rules
The biggest food web in the world is found in the ocean. The smallest food web is found in a pond. Some animals can move between different food webs.
Work together in pairs: What is the difference between a food chain and a food web?
Work together in pairs: Q: Explain how energy flows into and out of an ecosystem via food webs, and how it must be replaced to maintain the sustainability of the system.
Brain break: Create a drawing that reimagines a classic fairy tale in an alternate universe. Choose a fairy tale and create a drawing that incorporates elements of the original tale, but takes place in a unique, futuristic world. Be creative and use your imagination to create a unique and exciting drawing!
What is the difference between a food chain and a food web?
- A food chain is linear, while a food web is not.
- A food chain is composed of producers, while a food web is not.
- A food chain is a circle, while a food web is not.
- A food chain is composed of consumers, while a food web is not.
What are the three main types of consumers?
- Primary, secondary and tertiary
- Producers, primary and secondary
- Primary, secondary and producers
- Primary, secondary and decomposers
What is the starting point of a food chain?
- Tertiary consumers
What does a food web show?
- The linear flow of energy and material between organisms.
- The circular flow of energy and material between organisms.
- The energy and material passed from one organism to another.
- The interconnections between organisms.
What type of consumer eats both plants and animals?