How are you feeling today?
We will... continue to explore and learn our Unit 2A Vocabulary I will... Be able to use unit 2A vocabulary in context
What does the word Antagonist mean?
- the character who opposes the protagonist or the goals of the protagonist
- the reason an author includes particular details, features, or devices in a work
- The highest point in the plot where the problem/conflict reaches its peak 3
- the intended target group for a message, regardless of the medium
What do the words Figurative Language mean?
- language not intended to be taken literally
- a brief interruption in the plot that describes an earlier event or time
- correcting mechanics, grammar, and spelling
- the type or class of a work, usually categorized by form, technique, or content
What does the word Protagonist mean?
- a specific subject, idea, or issue that is the focus of a discussion, essay, article, or other work
- the author’s particular attitude, either stated or implied in the writing
- changes are made to improve the focus, content, organization, sentence structure, and word choice
- the main character in a narrative who is at the center of the story
Complete the worksheet with your tables
Exit ticket: Choose TWO of the following words from the word bank and use them in a sentence. Word Bank Author’s Purpose Characterization Context Editing Falling Action Climax Figurative Language Metaphor Protagonist Resolution Revising Setting Topic Voice
Draw a pizza with legs and arms doing a dance!