In one word, how would you describe the importance of family?
Family is a source of love and support. Family helps us to learn about our identity and culture. Family helps us to learn important life skills.
Why Family Matters
How does your family support one another?
Family Bonding: The emotional connection between family members, which is created by time spent together and shared experiences. Family Stability: The ability of parents to provide a safe and secure environment for their children. Family Values: The attitudes and beliefs that are passed down from one generation to the next, such as respect, responsibility, honesty, and many others.
Brain break: Draw a symbol that would represent you idea of FAMILY.
What are the benefits of having a close-knit family?
What is your definition of family?
- Love, care and life lessons.
- Company, values and support.
- Acceptance, tenderness and happiness.
What values have you learned from your family that you would like to share with your classmates?
Why are families important?
- They allow you to become who you want.
- They provide emotional support and a sense of belonging
- They help you when you need them the most.
How has your family helped you become the person you are today?
What are some benefits of having a strong family unit?
- Improved mental health
- Greater happiness
- Physical health
Work together in pairs: What is one way that you can demonstrate the importance of family in your life?
What are some ways to strengthen family bonds?
- Focusing on one another and helping each other.
- Eating meals together, communicating openly, and participating in activities as a family unit
- Respecting who each member is and sharing things you have in common.