In one word, what is integrity?
Integrity means having the courage to do the right thing even when it is not easy. Honesty is being truthful and trustworthy with the words you say and the actions you take. Respect is treating others with kindness, consideration, and fairness.
Think of a time when you showed integrity. What happened?
Question: A friend confided in you that they are considering cheating in a test. How should you respond to them without compromising your integrity? Clues: • Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching. • Respect for yourself and others is part of integrity. • Having courage to do the right thing even when it's hard is part of integrity. In pairs: Select and solve one of the tasks: A. Draw a picture that shows a conversation between you and your friend and explain how you would handle the situation. B. Draw a picture that shows a situation where you make a difficult decision and explain why it was the right one.
What does integrity mean?
- Being lazy and unproductive
- Being honest and having strong moral principles
- Being dishonest and corrupt
Why is integrity important?
- It makes you more popular
- It doesn't matter whether you have it or not
- It helps build trust with others
What are some examples of showing integrity?
- Blaming others for your mistakes
- Admitting your mistakes and taking responsibility for them
- Hiding the truth to avoid getting into trouble
Which of the following is NOT a part of demonstrating integrity?
- Keeping promises even if it hurts
- Doing what's right even if it's difficult or unpopular
- Lying to protect someone's feelings
When should you show integrity?
- All the time, in everything you do
- Only when people are watching
- Only when something big is at stake
Brain break: Draw a house made entirely of bubble gum!