what are stock markets how to buy them how to calculate stock price changes how to read stock market tables
Stock Markets are where people buy and sell stocks and shares. Stocks and shares are pieces of a company that people can buy and sell. People buy stocks and shares to make money by selling them at a higher price.
Stock Markets Explained
What are benefits to buying Stocks?
What are the 2 main functions of the stock market?
- To get $ from the public to run their business
- To sell things in your house you don't want anymore
- To allow the public to earn $ from businesses they invest in
- To get rich quick
11. Personalised Feedback
What is a stock market and how does it work?
What is a stock market?
- A store that sells socks
- A park with swings and slides
- A type of fish
- A place where people buy and sell stocks
What does it mean to buy shares of a company?
- To borrow money from the company
- To receive free products from the company
- To become a partial owner of the company
- To work for the company as an employee
What is a stock exchange?
- A marketplace where stocks are traded
- A type of fast food restaurant
- A place to exchange trading cards
- A building where people live together
Stock Market Simulation
$1000 Use $900 to Invest in 3 stocks Charge 1% commission for every stock you buy or sell Journal your transactions
What Stocks do I buy?
Pick Companies you are familiar with Select Companies/Brands you or your family uses
How do I buy Stocks?
Find the stock's closing price Figure out how many shares you can buy with $900
# of shares = Money you have / Stock's closing price
Selling Stocks and Making Money