Draw a dancing hotdog enjoying a day at the beach.
What is self-talk?
- Writing in a journal
- Internal thoughts or inner dialogue
- Talking to others about yourself
Is self-talk always positive?
- No, it can be negative as well as positive
- Depends on the person
- Yes, it's always positive
How can positive self-talk affect a person's self-esteem and overall well-being?
In one word, describe how you talk to yourself when you are feeling down?
Self-talk is the inner dialogue we have with ourselves about our thoughts, feelings, and actions. It can be either positive or negative, and can influence our self-confidence and how we view ourselves. Learning to use positive self-talk can help us build confidence and resilience!
The Power of Self-Talk
Self talk: Refers to the thoughts and words people say to themselves. It can be either positive or negative and can have a great impact on how people feel and act. Positive self talk: Refers to the practice of talking to oneself in a supportive and encouraging way. It can help boost people's self-confidence and self-esteem. Negative self talk: Refers to the practice of talking to oneself in a negative and critical way. It can lead to feelings of low self-worth and can be damaging to one's mental health.
Studies have shown that self-talk can improve performance in physical activities like running and basketball. Self-talk can help regulate emotions and reduce stress. Self-talk can influence how much effort you put into a task, and how much success you experience with it.
Did you know?
W What is one positive phrase or affirmation you can say to yourself to help keep your thoughts positive?
How can negative self-talk affect our mental health?
- It may improve mental health
- It has no effect on mental health
- It can lead to anxiety and depression
Can we change our negative self-talk into positive self-talk?
- Yes, by practicing positive affirmations and changing our mindset
- No, it's impossible to change how we talk to ourselves
Which of the following is an example of negative self-talk?
- I'm proud of myself for trying.
- 'This too shall pass'.
- I'm such a failure.
Why is positive self-talk important for mental health?
- It increases feelings of self-doubt
- It helps reduce stress and anxiety
- It causes more negative thinking patterns