Curipod placeholder

The affordable care act


Curipod generated lesson: "The affordable care act". #8-10

Profile picture of tberry


Updated 5 months ago

1. Slide
60 seconds
The ACA is a health care law that ensures Americans have access to quality, affordable health coverage. It makes sure insurance companies can't deny coverage or charge more because of a pre-existing condition. It also provides subsidies to help people with limited incomes afford health insurance.
The Affordable Care Act
2. Slide
60 seconds
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, is a law passed in 2010 to provide more Americans with access to affordable health insurance. Subsidies are financial assistance given to low-income individuals and families to help them pay for health insurance premiums. The Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) is a program administered by the government that provides health insurance to those who have been denied coverage due to a pre-existing condition.
3. Slide
60 seconds
Under the Affordable Care Act, you can stay on your parents' health insurance plan until you are 26. The Affordable Care Act requires insurance companies to spend at least 80% of their revenue on actual health care, leaving only 20% for overhead, profits, and marketing. The Affordable Care Act requires that health insurance companies must cover preventive care, such as check-ups and screenings, at no additional cost to you.
Did you know?
4. Open question
300 seconds
What are the main provisions of the Affordable Care Act?
5. Poll
60 seconds
What is the Affordable Care Act?
  • A federal statute passed by the US Congress
  • An executive order issued by President Obama
  • A Supreme Court decision that ruled on a health care case
6. Poll
60 seconds
Which of the following is not one of the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act?
  • Mandatory drug testing for all Americans
  • The creation of state-based health insurance marketplaces known as exchanges
  • Expanded Medicaid coverage for low-income individuals and families
7. Poll
60 seconds
What is the other name for The Affordable Care Act?
  • Obamacare
  • Trumpcare
  • Romneycare
8. Poll
60 seconds
What was one of the main goals of The Affordable Care Act?
  • To increase access to affordable health care for Americans.
  • To limit access to health care services.
  • To provide free healthcare services only to citizens who could not afford it.

Suggested content