What is a User Persona?
A user persona is a fictional character created to represent a user type that might use your site, brand, or product in a similar way
What are the benefits of having a clear persona?
Help team members share a specific, consistent understanding of various audience groups
- Help team members share a specific, consistent understanding of various audience groups
- Proposed solutions can be guided by how well they meet the needs of individual user personas. Features can be prioritized based on how well they address the needs of one or more personas.
- Provide a human "face" so as to create empathy for the persons represented by the demographics
Q: What types of personas use your product/service - Mention as many as you can
Review the top list of personas
Agree on which persona is currently the most important for your business
Q: Fill out the persona chart with your business' most important persona
Compare the personas
- Do you all have the same user persona in mind?
- Which of the personas do you think most accurately describe your target persona?
- Remember to look back on this next time you prioritize features!