What is a homograph? (Answer in a few words)
Homographs are words that have the same spelling but different meanings. Sometimes it has the same pronunciation. Sometimes it has a different pronunciation. These words can be nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs.
HOMOGRAPHS: Words with Multiple Meanings
Draw / write: What are some examples of homographs?
Which of the following is the right definition of homograph?
- A word that sounds the same as another word but has a different meaning
- Words that spells the same but have different meaning.
- Words that spells different but have the same meaning.
Which of the following is the correct homograph being used in a sentence?
- I am afraid of bats that lives in caves.
- Father bought a new bat for me to use.
- I am a fan of bat man in movies.
Which of the following is the incorrect homograph being used in a sentence?
- The girl is sitting at the bar.
- A bar can be everyone's pet.
- I love to eat a chocolate bar.
Here are some examples of HOMOGRAPHS used in sentences.