What is bullying?
Goal: Understand what bullying is, and reflect on how to act if you experience bullying situations.
Q: Try to describe what bullying is
Three characteristics of bullying
- Bullying is a harmful act against a victim, which is carried out by one or more people together.
- Bullying is repeated and takes place over time.
- Uneven balance of power between the person or persons who bully and the person who is bullied.
- Bullying can happen in many ways. Examples include violence or exclusion.
Q: Have you ever experienced or seen others being bullied? (this is anonymous)
Q: What do you think you can do if you see or experience bullying?
What you can do if you see or experience bullying
- Help the student who is being bullied by telling me or another adult.
- Take care of messages, photos or anything else that could be evidence (if, for example, cyberbullying occurs)
- Do not respond to bullying messages - in the worst case, it can lead to more bullying.
Q: Do you have any other questions about bullying?