What one word describes the future?
The future progressive tense expresses an action that is ongoing or incomplete at a specific future time. It is used when there is a plan or expectation to do something in the future. It is also used to express something that will be happening at the same time in the future.
Future Progressive: Exploring What's Next
The future progressive tense is sometimes referred to as the 'future continuous tense' The future progressive tense is used to express an action that will be in progress at some point in the future. The future progressive tense can also be used to describe a future event that is expected to happen soon.
Did you know?
Work together in pairs: Describe a situation in which you would use the future progressive to express an action that will be in progress at some point in the future.
Work together in pairs: What challenges do you anticipate in using the future progressive tense in your writing?
Brain break: Draw a clown driving a car full of balloons.
What is the future progressive tense of the sentence 'He will be playing tennis tomorrow'?
- He will be playing tennis tomorrow
- He played tennis yesterday
- He is playing tennis right now
Which of the following sentences uses future progressive correctly?
- I am going to play soccer later today.
- I will be played soccer at 5:00 pm.
- I will be playing soccer at 5:00 pm.
What is the structure for forming future progressive?
- will + be + present participle (-ing form)
- will + have + past participle
- will + base form
Which sentence below uses future progressive in a negative form?
- She won't be attending school next week.
- We won't fly to London.
- They won't eat dinner together tonight.
What does future progressive tense indicate about an action in progress?
- It will happen and continue over a period of time in the future.
- It happened already in the past.
- It happens regularly.