Name one article of clothing you wear to school.
Using Articles in Class
Learning about nouns and verbs Using articles like 'a' and 'the' correctly Writing and speaking correctly with articles
Article: A piece of writing on a particular subject, typically published in a newspaper or magazine. Using articles in class: Reading articles in class can help students learn more about a topic, become familiar with the language of the subject, and understand different points of view. Discussion: Talking with other students about what they have read in an article can help them better understand and remember the information.
Did you know?
2nd grade students can practice writing articles by including at least 5 adjectives in each sentence. Articles can help students practice proper grammar and punctuation by emphasizing the importance of capitalization and proper sentence structure. In some classes, students use articles to practice their public speaking skills by reading them out loud to the class.
Work together in pairs: Q: What is one way to use articles in class to help you learn?
Work together in pairs: What did you learn about using articles in class today?
Brain break: Create a drawing of a fantastical creature that lives in a magical world. Be creative and use as many colors as you'd like. In your drawing, be sure to include details about the creature and the environment it lives in. For example, what does the creature look like, what kind of terrain does it live in, and what kinds of special features does it have? Have fun!
What is the purpose of using articles in class?
- A. To entertain students
- B. To practice writing skills
- C. To learn about current events
- D. To learn new vocabulary words
How do articles help students in class?
- A. They help students identify main ideas
- B. They give students a break from other activities
- C. They help students practice writing skills
- D. They give students an escape from reality
Which of the following is a benefit of using articles in class?
- A. Students can practice reading comprehension skills
- B. Students can practice writing skills
- C. Students can learn about current events
- D. All of the above
What type of articles are most appropriate for a 2nd grade class?
- A. Articles about animals
- B. Articles about sports
- C. Articles about science and nature
- D. Articles about pop culture
Which of the following is NOT a good way to use articles in class?
- A. Having the students write a summary about the article
- B. Having the students find facts from the article
- C. Having the students listen to a podcast about the article
- D. Having the students watch a video about the article