Block 2 Do Now - Write/Draw on the meaning/context of the following quote: “Horatio: Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince/And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest”
Checkin: On a scale of 1-5 (i.e., 1 is low and 5 is high) how confused are you about Hamlet's story?
Why do the gravediggers debate Ophelia's burial?
- Because she's not of the royal family and shouldn't be treated as such
- Because she committed suicide and doesn't deserve a proper Christian burial
- Because she should be buried alongside her father and not alone
What does Hamlet contemplate when he sees Yorick's (the court jester) skull?
- Whether he should live or die
- When he will finally kill King Claudius
- How we all turn to dust in the end
What argument takes places between Laertes and Hamlet?
- Who loves Ophelia more
- Who hates King Claudius more
- Who misses their dead father more
What changes did Hamlet make to the letter written by Claudius to England ordering his death?
- For Rosencrantz & Guildenstern to be killed
- For Laertes to be killed
- For Queen Gertrude to be killed
How do Laertes and King Claudius plan to kill Hamlet?
- Poison him with a sword during a duel
- Get Fortinbras to kill him with his army
- Poison him in his sleep like King Hamlet
Who dies by the poisoned drink? Who dies by the poisoned sword?
- Claudius & Gertrude; Laertes & Hamlet
- Claudius & Hamlet; Gertrude & Laertes
- Gertrude & Laertes; Hamlet & Gertrude
Who becomes the new King of Denmark?
- Prince Hamlet
- Prince Fortinbras
10. Personalised Feedback
"Write a eulogy for Hamlet that highlights his strengths and weaknesses as a tragic hero."
Create a drawing depicting the dramatic finale of Hamlet Act 5 Scene 2, showcasing key characters and actions.