List your top 3 takeaways from the crash course video
Write a thoughtful response to the TedTalk
Analyze Source 4 and write an objective summary of the information. The summary should compare and contrast the different types of service animals and their functions.
What type of support dog must wear identifying gear?
What is the purpose of Source 4?
What are service animals?
- A. Regular pets
- B. Animals that help people with disabilities
- C. Animals that help people navigate through streets
- D. Animals that help people go shopping
What type of disability would a seizure alert dog help with?
- A. Physical disability
- B. Hearing impairment
- C. Visual impairment
- D. Epilepsy
What is the most common type of service animal?
- A. Guide dog
- B. Mobility dog
- C. Seizure alert dog
- D. Signal dog
What is the meaning of the word "scrutinize"?
- A. To ignore something
- B. To study closely and carefully
- C. To criticize harshly
- D. To speak in public
What is the correct definition of the word "inference"?
- A. To state something without evidence
- B. To give an explanation for something
- C. To form a conclusion based on evidence and reasoning
- D. To present a fact as an opinion
Which of the following is an example of a simile?
- A. He ran as fast as a cheetah.
- B. She was a shining star in the sky.
- C. The wind whispered through the trees.
Brain break: Draw a dragon with butterfly wings wearing a superhero costume.
Make a study plan. Set aside time each day to review important concepts. Organize test materials. Gather textbooks, notes, and past exams. Practice test taking. Take online practice tests and review results.
Getting Ready for Test Season
Familiarization: Getting to know the format of the test and the types of questions that are asked on the test. Time Management: Learning how to appropriately manage the allotted time for each question on the test. Test Taking Strategies: Knowing helpful test taking strategies, such as eliminating incorrect choices or reading the questions carefully.
Most standardized tests used for college admissions are designed to measure aptitude rather than memorization Many students who take specialized test prep classes fare no better than those who don’t A lot of test prep materials are available for free online
Did you know?
What do you plan to do when Map testing
What resources do you use for test prep?
How do you feel about taking tests?
What have you learned from past test experiences?
Question: You are a group of 8th graders who are preparing for an exam they will have to take in two weeks. How can you best prepare for success on the exam? Clues: • Make a list of topics that will be on the test. • Talk to your teacher and ask for advice on how to study. • Create a study schedule and stick to it. In pairs: Select and solve one of the tasks: A. Create a study plan for the entire group or for each person individually. B. Create a study game to help you remember the topics that will be on the test.
What is the purpose of test prep?
- To help students prepare for specific tests
- To help students with their homework assignments
- To teach new material
What should you do before starting your test prep?
- Choose a quiet study space and gather necessary materials
- Set up your laptop and phone nearby
- Invite friends over to study together
How long should you spend on each practice problem during test prep?
Which of the following is not an effective test-taking strategy?
- Rushing through questions and guessing when unsure
- Reading all questions carefully before answering
- Skipping difficult questions and coming back to them later.
When should you start your test prep process?
- Several weeks before the exam date
- The day before the exam date
- After taking the exam