Target Market is the segment of the market chosen as the best potental customers of a product Companies choose a target market then build their marketing campaign based off what will appeal most to their target market
Target Market vs. Market Segmentation
Market segmentation helps you determine your target market Market segmentation is the analysis and grouping of the potential customers of a product based on Demographic, Geographic, Psychographic and Behavioral Factors Your target market is the group you choose to target with your product
How to Target
Using Psychographic and Behavioral segmentation determine what your target best responds to Social Media Marketing Radio Marketing TV Advertisements Celebrity endorsement Print Ads
Why would a company choose a target market?
How can businesses identify their target market?
What strategies could a business use to target their audience?
What would be the target market for this product?
Brain break: Draw a bunny driving a car and honking its horn
What is target marketing?
- Selling products without any specific audience
- Marketing products to multiple markets simultaneously
- A marketing strategy aimed at a specific group of consumers
Why is identifying a target market important for a businesses?
- It allows businesses to sell their products to a wider audience
- Target marketing has no significant impact on business success
- It helps businesses focus their resources on reaching the most relevant consumers
How do businesses identify their target market?
- By conducting market research and analyzing consumer demographics, psychographics and behaviors
- By randomly selecting a group of people as the target market
- Businesses don't need to identify their target market
What are some common ways in which businesses use target marketing?
- Developing products based on consumer preferences
- Both of the above
- Creating personalized advertising campaigns
Worksheet activity Isaac send video for opener tomorrow