What have you learnt about contemporary tourism in a few words?
How does tourism shape how we see the world / tourism destinations /cultures ?
What can 'tourism imaginaries do?
- They make us realise that other cultures are very different from ours
- Create the desire and tame the exotic nature of a destination
- They help people imagine that a better life exists
What are the five types of quality of life?
- happiness index, quality of life index, well-being indicators, health indicators
- social cohesion, environmental well-being, quality of gastronomy, safety
- material well-being, community well-being, emotional wellbeing, and health and safety well-being
- quality food, quality of health, quality of travel, quality of relationships
What method do we use to collect information in virtual ethnography?
What are examples of tourism acting as a neocolonial activity?
Why is tourism seen as a 'sacred journey'?
Seeing tourism as a ritual, which is the tourist in-between stages?
- In the anticipation stage
- In the separation stage
- In the liminal stage
Which are the three phases of tourism participation as a ritual?