Comparing animal and plant cells
Using the labels provided fill in the cell organelles
- You have 5 minutes to draw the cell organelles into the right cell
- Use the labels provided to show what each of the organelles are called
- Which is the plant cell and which is the animal cell
- Decide what should be inside the plant cell, the animal cell, or both
- We vote on the best drawing!
Q: Draw the cell organelles using the labels provided
2 minutes to Ask questions about cell organelles. Some starters below:
- What does a ....... do?
- Why does a plant need a .......... and not an animal?
- Your own awesome question!
Q: Ask anything about cell organelles
Each team has 10 minutes to discuss one of the
- Split the class into 5 teams
- Each team is assigned one of the top 5 questions
- Everyone has 20 minutes as a team to try to answer the question
- Each team will present their findings to the class
Come up with a phrase to help remember the names of the cell organelles
- Using the starting letter of each of the cell organelles create a phrase
- You can choose to do either an animal or plant cell
- We will vote for the best phrase and use it to help us remember the names of the cell organelles
Q: Come up with a funny phrase to help you remember the names of the cell organelles