What does the concept of 'Consent of the Governed' refer to?
- The power held by an individual or group to make decisions on behalf of others
- The process through which a government is elected
- The idea that government authority is derived from the consent and agreement of the people being governed
What is the concept of limited government?
- A government with unlimited powers and authority
- A government with restricted powers and authority
- A government that focuses on social welfare
What is the main principle of democracy?
- Equal rights and freedoms for all citizens
- Authoritarian control
- Rule by a single individual
What does the concept of 'rule of law' mean?
- A rule that only applies to certain people
- The principle that all individuals and institutions are subject to and accountable to the law
- The idea that laws can be ignored or changed at will
What is the primary characteristic of a representative government?
- Elected officials representing the people
- Rule by a single authoritarian leader
- Direct democracy with no representatives