In one word, how do you feel about meetings?
Outline the purpose of meetings
Explain the different types of meetings
Holding Effective Meetings
Develop an agenda before the meeting. Set a specific time frame for each agenda item. Allow time at the end for questions and discussion.
Meeting: An organized gathering of people for a specific purpose or to discuss important topics.
Agenda: A list of topics which will be discussed during a meeting.
Minutes: A written record of what was discussed and decided in a meeting.
Did you know?
In 2007, the longest meeting in the world lasted for over 50 hours and involved more than 200 participants. The average person attends around 62 meetings a month. The word
Work together in pairs: What are the main purposes of meetings and can you identify at least three different types of meetings?
How can effective communication and preparation contribute to successful meetings?
Work together in pairs: What is one effective way to ensure all participants are actively engaged and contributing during a meeting?
Brain break: What outfit should I wear to a meeting
What is the purpose of a kickoff meeting?
- To set the tone and objectives for a project
- To discuss ongoing progress updates
- To share general company updates
What does RSVP stand for in relation to meetings?
- Requesting specific venue preferences
- Répondez s'il vous plaît (Please respond)
- Receiving signed vendor proposals
Which of the following is an example of an icebreaker activity in a meeting?
- Team performance analysis
- Two Truths and a Lie
- Budget review
What is the optimal duration for most meetings according to productivity experts?
- 30-60 minutes
- Whole day
- 2-3 hours
In terms of meeting etiquette, what does 'going off-topic' mean?
- Discussing unrelated subjects during the meeting
- Not allowing participants to speak
- Starting the meeting before scheduled time