Do you think Filipinos are slowly losing their culture due to foreign influences? With that, how can you revive Philippine culture?
With the ..
1. What is the characteristic of an essay?
- A. Tells the origin of a word
- B. Shows the author's own argument
- C. Connects a subject to its predicate
2. Which of the following is defined as a nonfiction writing, written with the intention of informing the reader about the specific topic?
- A. Informative essay
- B. Expository essay
- C. Narrative essay
3. What are the parts of an informative essay?
- A. Heading, greet
- At the end of the school year
- After students have completed a unit
4. Which of the following does not define/characterize informative essay?
- Students and teachers
- Only students
- Only teachers
5. Which of the following are the functions of an introduction?
- It depends on the subject being tested.
- Yes, if used incorrectly.
- No, they cannot harm performance.
6. Which of the following defines the body of an essay?
- A test given after learning takes place
- A test given to measure progress in the middle of a course
- An assessment given before learning takes place
7. Which of the following states the purpose of the conclusion of an essay?
- To assess mastery of content at the end of a course
- To identify what students already know and don't know about a topic
- To measure progress throughout a course
8. What is the typical length of informative essay?
- Prior knowledge
- Learning style
9. Which of the following is the characteristics of a thesis statement?
- At the end of the school term
- Immediately after completing it.
- Never, it's just for diagnostic purposes.
10. Which of the following is the most appropriate topic for an informative essay?
- Provide an opportunity for self-reflection.
- Help with lesson planning and differentiation.
- Identify knowledge gaps early on.
derived from the French infinitive analytic, interpretative, or critical literary composition. TIPS IN WRITING AN ESSAY decide what kind of essay to write brainstorm your topic research the topic choose a writing style develop a thesis outline your essay write your essay edit your writing to check spelling and grammar
What is it?
its purpose is to educate a target audience it tried to avoid presenting arguments or personal opinions it displays information that is beneficial to the audience it is usually 3-5 pages in length 3 PARTS OF AN INFORMATIVE ESSAY INTRODUCTION THESIS STATEMENT BODY CONCLUSION
Think of a topic. Create a format. Present your ideas. IN INFORMATIVE ESSAY WRITING, BEAR IN MIND THE FOLLOWING: I - Include an opening paragraph to introduce the topic. N - Name facts in the body paragraphs of your essay. F - Follow the facts with supporting sentences. O - Organize your writing with transition words. R - Refer to the topic and include key vocabulary. M - Make a closing paragraph that relates to the topic.
3 PARTS OF AN INFORMATIVE ESSAY:
WHEEL OF NAMES https://wheelofnames.com/
What challenges do you think you will encounter when composing an informative essay about Philippine culture?
Question: How can you compose an informative essay that will engage your reader? Clues: • Think of a topic that is interesting and relevant. • Research and organize your information in a logical manner. • Include supporting evidence and examples in your essay. In pairs: Select and solve one of the tasks: A. Write an essay outline that has a clear introduction, body, and conclusion. B. Design a poster that summarizes the main points of your essay.