How many gods to Jewish people believe in? What is that called?
Turn to your elbow partner and share your answer.
A Jewish boy reads the Torah on his bar mitzvah, a celebration for his coming of age.
The Torah is another name for the
- writings of the Prophets.
- collection of commentaries on the Bible.
- first five books of the Hebrew Bible.
- Ten Commandments.
There are 3 sections of the Hebrew Bible:
- The Torah
- The Prophets
- The Writings
Three sections of the Hebrew Bible are the Torah, the Prophets, and the
- Old Testament.
What are the three sections of the Hebrew Bible?
What does ethics mean?
- ideas of right and wrong
- the belief in one god
- binding agreement
Draw what you think ethics (the idea of right and wrong) looks like.
Why are the Talmud and the Hebrew Bible important?
- They are the source of Jewish people's most important teachings.
- They contain Jewish traditions.
The shared belief in a single God who lays out a proper and moral way to live is known as
- ethical monotheism.
- ethical Talmudism.
- the Ten Commandments.
- monotheistic religion.
In Judaism, righteousness is
- treating other human beings with respect
- having thorough knowledge of Hebrew Bibl
- living in a way that is right & obey law
- obeying the civil laws of ones community
Write a three sentence summary about what you learned in lesson 2.6.