What is the goal of an opinion essay?
- To express one's thoughts and ideas on a particular topic
- To provide facts and statistics about a subject.
- To describe how to do something.
What is the first paragraph of an opinion essay called?
- Body Paragraph
In an opinion essay, what should the writer include in the body paragraphs?
- Evidence to support their argument
- Viewpoints and reasons
- A summary of what other people believe
What should be included in the conclusion of an opinion essay?
- Restate the topic & opinion
- Introduce new information and ideas.
- Ask questions or leave readers hanging.
Which sentence shows a clear expression of opinion?
- The sky is blue.
- I think pasta is the most delicious food in the world
- The capital of France is Paris.
Pasta is the most delicious food in the world.
"Pasta is the most delicious food in the world." Write 2 reasons to support your standpoint and 1 opposing viewpoint.
What is one thing you learned about writing an opinion essay today?