What is a producer in an ecosystem?
- An organism that eats other organisms
- An organism that decomposes dead matter
- An organism that makes its own food
- An organism that lives in water
What is a consumer?
- A plant that produces its own food
- An animal that eats other organisms for food
Which of the following is an example of a producer?
What is a consumer in an ecosystem?
- An organism that eats other organisms for energy
- An organism that produces food through photosynthesis
- An organism that breaks down dead matter for nutrients
What is the role of a decomposer in an ecosystem?
- To capture and eat other organisms for food
- To break down dead organisms and recycle nutrients back into the environment
- To pollinate flowers
- To produce energy from sunlight through photosynthesis
Which category do humans fall under in the producer-consumer-decomposer chain?
- All of these