In a few words, describe why you think reading should be enjoyable?
Reading Reflection: A reading reflection is a written or recorded response to a book, article, or other text. It can include opinions, analysis, and feelings about the text. Comprehension: Comprehension is the ability to understand and gain meaning from what is read. It involves making connections between what is read and prior knowledge, and making predictions about what will be read next.
It helps us keep track of books/magazines/articles you read. Shows thoughts and feelings about each piece of reading material. Illustrates an understanding of the content we are reading.
Why Do A Reading Logs?
Most people don’t realize that the average adult spends roughly 3 hours a day reading. Reading aloud to children is proven to increase their language skills and their understanding of the world around them. The average intermediate student reads up to three books a month to complete a reading log.
Did you know?
What was the most interesting or surprising aspect of the book you read for your Reading Log in the past?
Work together in pairs: What are three ways you can use a reading log to help you become a better reader?
Brain break: Draw a banana playing basketball with spaghetti noodles for arms
What is the purpose of a reading log for students?
- To track the number of books read
- To record thoughts and reflections on books
- To keep a list of favorite authors
- To track time spent reading
Why is it important for students to maintain a reading log?
- To compete with classmates
- To earn rewards
- To develop good reading habits
- To impress teachers
Which information should be included in a reading log entry?
- Date and duration of reading session
- Thoughts and feelings about the book
- Title and author of the book
- Number of pages read
How can a reading log help students improve their reading skills?
- By sharing favorite books with friends
- By avoiding unnecessary writing assignments
- By setting goals and tracking progress
- By earning extra credit points in class
In addition to recording thoughts on the book, what else can be included in a reading log entry?
- Illustrations or drawings related to the story
- Favorite quotes or passages from the book
- Summaries or brief descriptions of chapters
- Recommendations for other readers