Q: What does an electrician do?
An electricians duties
- Install, repair and maintain electrical systems.
- Read, prepare or interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Prepare cost estimates and documentation for clients.
- Use, clean and maintain various equipment.
- Supervise journeymen, apprentices or other workers.
Q: What are some health and safety issues for electricians?
Health and safety issues for electricians
- Risk of fatal electrical shock.
- Risk of electrical burns.
- Welding hazards, including UV radiation.
- Risk of eye injury from flying particles.
Q: What are some preventive measures for electricians?
Preventive measures for electricians
- Inspect work area before work starts to identify potential hazards and their controls.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment for the task, including footwear.
- Keep work areas clear of clutter and equipment.
- Avoid awkward positions, and repetitive tasks, or take frequent breaks.
- Know the associated hazards.
Q: Electrical safety tips for the workplace?
Electrical Safety tips for the workplace
- Prevent all potential contact with live electrical current.
- De-energize equipment and use lockout/ tagout.
- Ensure safe use of electrical equipment.
- Use extreme caution with flammable.
- Always follow your company's electrical safety work practices.