Describe how the plot of a literary text unfolds in a series of episodes as well as how the characters respond or change as the plot moves toward a resolution.
The purpose of this skill is to help students learn how to describe how the plot of a text unfolds and how it affects the characters. This will help students be able to understand how peoplechnge as things happen to them.
Bell Ringer: From the Let's Move Campaign: The Let's Move Campaign centers on five steps that will help youth today lead a healthier Lifestyle. Step 1: Move Every day- A minum of 60 total minutes of physical activity per day for every single kid will get them moving in the right direction. They will feel better, be less stessed, more attentive in school, and get a better night's sleep, all because of one hour of physical actiivity.
- A series of military operations
- An organized group
- A political run for office
- Work together towards a goal
- how to live a healthy life
- a way of living
- the way something is decorated
- your family
Plot: The sequence of events that make up a story. Characters: The people or animals in a story whose thoughts, feelings, and actions move the plot forward. Episodes: Components of a story that focus on a particular event or set of events.
Plot is the sequence of events that make up a story. Characters are the people or animals in a story whose thoughts, feelings, and actions move the plot forward. Episodes are components of a story that focus on a particular event or set of events.
How the Plot of a Literary Text is Revealed in Episodes and How Characters React
What do you think is the most important way the plot of a literary text unfolds in an episode?
- It builds up suspense and tension.
- It reveals conflicts between characters.
- It presents new challenges for the characters to overcome.
- It reveals the motivations of the characters.
- It provides a resolution to the conflict.
Read the lost watch and answer the question afterwards.
Friday's Mini Lesson
What new idea about Jenny is introduces in these paragraphs?
- Jenny hopes that Kelsey will play with her.
- Jenny loves it when Kelsey brings her dog to play.
- Jenny is scared of big dogs.
- Jenny doesn't like Rufus' irritating ways.