How would you define a personal learning goal?
1. Plan an achievable and specific Goal.
2. Prioritise tasks based on their urgency and importance.
3. Monitor and track progress towards your goal.
Setting goals helps to prioritise tasks and stay focused on what's important. Evaluating progress along the way can help to stay accountable and reach desired outcomes.
Setting Goals: A Path to Success
Goal-setting Checklist: Plan an achievable and specific goal Prioritise tasks based on their urgency and importance Monitor and track progress towards the goal
Goal Setting: Identifying specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals that are meaningful to the individual. Reflection: Thinking about the progress made toward achieving the goals and making adjustments as necessary.
Studies have shown that when people write down their goals it increases their chances of achieving them by up to 50%!
Did you know?
Brain break: Draw a dragon with sprinkles instead of scales and ice cream cones for teeth
Work together in pairs: What are some strategies you can use to ensure that you are on track to achieving your personal learning goal?
Why is it important to set personal learning goals?
- To stay focused and motivated
- To impress others
- To compete with classmates
What is a SMART goal?
- A goal that is Simple, Meaningful, Actionable, Realistic, and Timely
- A goal that is Strongly desired, Measurable, Attainable, Rewarding, and Trackable
- A goal that is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound
Which of the following is an example of a specific learning goal?
- Learn something new every day
- Complete section 1 of my assignment by the end of the lesson
- Read 3 books in one month
How can breaking down big goals into smaller tasks help in achieving them?
- By procrastinating on the smaller tasks
- By abandoning the bigger goals altogether
- By making them more manageable and less overwhelming
Personal Learning Goals
Brainstorm all of the current goals that you are working towards in your different subjects. Number them in order based on urgency and importance.
Wordcloud: What is your top learning goal right now?
Group Brainstorm (5 mins)
Monitoring and Tracking Progress
Draw a method that you could use to monitor and track your progress towards your goals.
Kick Those Goals
You have: prioritised your goal and chosen one to work on broken it down into specific steps or tasks Now: Work through each step and track your progress Stop to evaluate your progress and reassess your priorities for the future