Did you know?
The first draft of the US Constitution was written by James Madison in 1787. The US Constitution is the oldest and shortest written Constitution of any major government in the world. The US Constitution was written on 4 parchment sheets that measure 24 3/4 inches by 29 3/4 inches each.
What important rights does the US Constitution protect?
What would the United States be like without the US Constitution?
Brain break: Draw a goofy pig juggling bananas while riding a unicycle.
Which document is the supreme law of the United States?
- Bill of Rights
- US Constitution
- Articles of Confederation
- Declaration of Independence
How many amendments are there in the US Constitution?
Who wrote the US Constitution?
- John Adams and Alexander Hamilton
- Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Franklin
- George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
- James Madison and other Founding Fathers
What is the purpose of the Preamble in the US Constitution?
- To establish rules for impeachment
- To state the goals and purposes of the government
- To list individual rights and freedoms
- To define powers reserved to states
What is an amendment in relation to the US Constitution?
- An official declaration
- A change or addition to it
- A punishment for breaking it
- A secret message hidden within
Work together in pairs: What is the name of the first ten amendments to the US Constitution?