What does inclusivity mean to you?
Inclusivity is respecting and understanding everyone, regardless of differences. It means creating an environment where everyone is safe to be themselves. Inclusivity encourages collaboration, creativity, and open-mindedness.
Inclusivity: Everyone Matters
Diversity: The state of having people who are different races or who have different cultures in a group or organization. Inclusion: The act of creating environments in which any individual or group can be and feel welcomed, respected, supported, and valued to fully participate. Equity: The state or quality of being fair and impartial.
What are some of the challenges that people of different backgrounds face when trying to be included in a group?
What have you done to make sure that everyone in your school or community feels included?
How do our own biases and privileges shape how we interact with people who are different from us?
Brain break: Draw an ice cream cone with donuts for scoops!
Question: How might we create an inclusive school environment for all students? Clues: • Start by considering the diversity of your school population. • Think about how you can create a culture of acceptance and respect. • Think about how you can provide resources to support diverse needs. In pairs: Select and solve one of the tasks: A. Brainstorm solutions to the problem and draw out your idea. B. In pairs, discuss ways to implement your solution in the school.
What does the term 'inclusivity' mean?
- The act of excluding some people
- The act of being indifferent to others
- The act of including everyone
Why is inclusivity important?
- It promotes diversity and acceptance
- It creates a sense of belonging and community
- It helps to eliminate discrimination and prejudice
- All of the above
'Gender inclusivity' refers to:
- Being indifferent towards others' gender identities
- Excluding people based on their gender identity or expression
- Including people regardless of their gender identity or expression
What is an example of inclusive language?
- All-gender restroom
- Men's restroom
- Ladies only restroom
Which one below is NOT a way to promote inclusivity in society?
- Using inclusive language in everyday communication
- Educating oneself about different cultures, religions, and backgrounds
- Discrimination against certain groups