Work in teams to draw pictures based on prompts. Vote on others' drawings to determine the winner. Have fun while developing creative thinking skills!
Draw & Vote: An Interactive Learning Experience
Draw and Vote: A type of activity in which all participants draw a picture and then vote on which picture they like the best. Election: A process in which people vote for their chosen candidate or proposition. Democracy: A form of government in which the people have the power to choose their leaders and to make decisions about how their society is run.
Draw and Vote was originally invented in the 18th century as a way for people to communicate with each other without the use of paper or ink. The game of Draw and Vote is still played today in many countries around the world, including the United States. Draw and Vote can be used to help teach 5th grade students about history, geography, and other topics related to the world around them.
Did you know?
Work together in pairs: What did you learn about the process of drawing and voting?
What was your favorite drawing in the Draw and Vote activity and why did you choose it?
Work together in pairs: What is one key thing you learned today about the process of drawing and voting?
Brain break: Draw a panda dressed as a superhero and flying through space with a pizza in one hand.
What is 'Draw and Vote'?
- A game where you vote first and then draw based on the winning idea
- A game where you have to draw while blindfolded
- A game where everyone draws something and then keeps it secret
- A game where everyone draws something and then votes on the best one
Which of these materials can be used for 'Draw and Vote'?
- Pencils, markers, crayons, or any other drawing tool
- Playing cards
- Toy cars
- Lego blocks
'Draw and Vote' can be played by how many people?
- 10 or more people
- 2 or more people
- 5 or more people
- Only one person
How long should each round of 'Draw and Vote' last?
- Only a few seconds
- The time doesn't matter as long as everyone has fun
- At least an hour
- About five minutes
What is the objective of 'Draw and Vote'?
- To have fun while being creative
- To show off your artistic talent to others
- To win at all costs
- To make others feel bad about their drawing skills