"To understand how to ace a job interview"
What is the most important thing to remember during a job interview?
Research the company, the job, and the industry. Practice your answers to common interview questions. Dress professionally and arrive on time.
Preparing for a Job Interview
Resume: A summary of a person's education, work experience, and other qualifications for a job. Interview: A discussion between a job applicant and an employer to evaluate whether the applicant is suitable for the job. Networking: Developing contacts and relationships with others to create mutually beneficial situations.
Different types of job interviews
In the United States, the average job interview lasts 40 minutes. In Japan, job interviews typically require the candidate to take a written exam. Research shows that people make hiring decisions after only 8 minutes into an interview.
Did you know?
Work together in pairs: What are three tips you can use to prepare for a job interview?
Work together in pairs: What are some tips for making a great first impression during a job interview?
Brain break: Draw a doughnut flying in space with a strawberry astronaut inside
What is the purpose of a job interview?
- To assess a candidate's skills and qualifications for the job
- To make small talk with the candidate
- To offer the candidate a job immediately
What should you research before going to a job interview?
- The company and its products or services
- The interviewer's personal life
- Your competition for the position
Why is it important to dress professionally for a job interview?
- It shows respect for the interviewer and company
- It demonstrates your fashion sense
- It makes you look more intimidating
What are some common questions asked in a job interview?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
When should you follow up after an interview?
- Within 24-48 hours after the interview
- A week after the interview date
- Never, wait until they call you