Which of the following sentences is in active voice?
- The mouse was chased by the cat.
- The mouse was being chased by the cat.
- The cat chased the mouse.
How does writing in active voice make your writing more effective?
Can you provide an example of a sentence in the active voice and then rewrite it in the passive voice?
What is the main difference between active voice and passive voice?
- Active and passive voices are used interchangeably.
- In active voice, the subject performs the action, while in passive voice, the subject receives the action.
- In active voice, the subject receives the action, while in passive voice, there is no subject.
Which of these sentences is an example of passive voice?
- Mary will bake a cake.
- The cake was baked by Mary.
- Mary baked a cake.