Exploring the life of plants
How to ask scientific questions and plan enquiries
Ask the tree some questions about how it lives
- We will have 5 minutes to ask the tree anything about how it grows and how it stays alive
- We will vote for the most exciting question we want to know the answer to
- We will talk about the questions and answer them as a group
Q: What questions would you ask this tree about how it grew and how it stays alive?
Everyone draws a picture of a plant
- Everyone has 5 mimutes to draw a picture of a plant
- We will look through all the plant drawings and make some observations about them
Q: Everyone draws a picture of a plant
What does a plant need to live and grow?
- Everyone has 5 minutes to think of things plants require to stay alive and grow
- Then everyone can vote on what is most important for a plant to stay alive
- We will look over all the ideas and discuss why they are important to plants or not
Q: What does a plant need to live and grow? Use the picture below to help you.
Why do plants need light?
Q: What do you want to know about how plants use light?
Q: Draw a picture of how plants take in water
Q: What is the coolest thing you have learnt about plants today?