How can you best convert fragments into sentences?
- By using descriptive words to provide more information about the subject.
- By adding a subject and verb to the fragment to make a complete thought.
- By understanding the context of the fragment and writing a sentence that fits that context.
- By using a thesaurus to find synonyms of words in the fragment.
How can you convert the fragment 'Eating ice cream.' into a sentence?
- I am eating ice cream.
- Eating is enjoyable.
- Ice cream melts quickly.
What would be an appropriate complete sentence for the fragment 'Playing soccer with friends.'?
- I love playing soccer with my friends.
- We played soccer yesterday.
- Friends are playing soccer.
What are some examples of fragments?
How can you transform the following sentence fragment into a complete sentence: "Running in the park."?
Can you identify why the following sentence is a fragment: "Walking to the store."
Question: Re-write the following sentence fragment so that it is grammatically correct: 'The cat on the mat' Clues: • A sentence fragment is an incomplete sentence. • A sentence needs a subject, verb and complete thought. • Check for spelling, capitalization and punctuation errors. 1. Work in pairs to re-write the sentence fragment. 2. Explain your solution by drawing it out.