Wrongly accused? What words do you think of if you are wrongly accused of doing something wrong?
You are the coach on a sports team. Your team is on a losing streak. One of your players is having a bad run - has made a few mistakes and been unlucky. Write a short summary of some of the things you could say to the player to help them overcome their current problem using the growth mindset.
What is the definition of a growth mindset?
- Belief that abilities can be improved through hard work and dedication
- Belief that intelligence is fixed and cannot be changed
- Belief that success comes from natural talent alone
Brain break: Draw a two-headed alien taking a doughnut to his spaceship
'I can’t do this...yet' is an example of what kind of statement?
- Growth Mindset
- Negative Self-Talk
- Fixed Mindset
Which one below best describes a person with a growth mindset?
- Embraces challenges, persists in the face of obstacles, learns from criticism, finds lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Avoids challenges, gives up easily when faced with obstacles, ignores criticism
- Does not believe in hard work or effort as necessary for success
Is it possible for someone to develop a growth mindset if they currently have a fixed mindset?
- Yes. With practice and effort anyone can change their beliefs about themselves.
- No. People are born with either a fixed or growth mindset which cannot be changed.
- Only smart people can have a growth mindset.
Work together in pairs: What is one way you can use a growth mindset to help you overcome a difficult challenge in school?