There were a lot of sunflowers in the field. It was about sunset.
The sunflowers stood tall in a never-ending pasture, paying homage to the setting sun. The warm glow
What is a metaphor?
- Repeating a sound at the start of the wo
- Comparing 2 things using like or as.
- Comparing 2 things without using like/as
Mary is a couch potato. This means?
What is a simile?
- Comparing 2 things using like or as
- Comparing 2 things without like or as
- Giving human characteristics to nonhuman
She swims like a fish. What does this mean?
What is a hyperbole?
- Words used to describe a sound
- An exaggeration that is not true
- Repeating a sound at the start of words
I’ve got to run to my locker. I’ll be back in a second. What is the real meaning?
What is personification?
- Using human traits to describe nonhuman
- The same sound at the start of the word
- Comparing two things using like/as
Time flew as we enjoyed each others company. This means?
What is an onomatopoeia?
- Human traits to a nonhuman
- Words that are sounds
- Massive exaggeration
Ms. Speas *beeped* her horn loudly at the car sitting at a green light. You try!
What is the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of closely connected words.
Stop when your group reaches the "Now You Try" Alliteration section of the assignment.
15 minutes to work with your group!