Describe yourself in three words.
Research the company and job position. Practice answering common interview questions. Dress professionally and arrive early.
Preparing for a Job Interview
Resume: A document that outlines your work experience, education, and skills. Interview: A conversation between a job applicant and an employer. Preparation: Researching the company and position and preparing answers to questions.
The average job interview lasts about 40 minutes. Most employers spend the first 15 minutes of a job interview reviewing your resume, so make sure it’s well written and tailored to the job. There are special job interview questions that employers ask to assess how well you would work with their team. These questions are often referred to as “fit questions”.
Did you know?
Work together in pairs: What are three important tips for succeeding in a job interview?
Whats your spirit animal?????
Work together in pairs: What is one way you can make a positive impression on a potential employer during a job interview?
What is the purpose of a job interview?
- To assess a candidate's skills and qualifications
- To give the candidate an opportunity to ask questions
- To share information about the company
What should you wear to a job interview?
- Business attire
- Casual clothes
What is one thing that you should research before going to an interview?
- The company's culture and values
- The interviewer's name
- Your own personal interests
Why is it important to have good body language during an interview?
- It shows confidence and interest in the position
- It helps you remember your answers
- It makes the interviewer feel at ease
What is a common question that employers often ask in interviews?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Can I see your high school transcripts?
- How many sick days did you take last year?