Brain break: Draw a spaghetti monster!
Write an example for a randomly topic sentence.
What is a topic sentence?
- A sentence that introduces the main idea of a paragraph.
- A sentence that summarizes the main point of a paragraph.
- A sentence that provides additional information about the paragraph.
- A sentence that starts the paragraph.
What should the topic sentence of a paragraph include?
- A main idea.
- Supporting details.
- A conclusion.
- All of the above.
What is the most important part of a topic sentence?
- The main idea.
- The supporting details.
- The conclusion.
- The structure.
Draw a dinosaur playing a guitar
What should a topic sentence do?
- Provide structure for the paragraph.
- Introduce the main idea of the paragraph.
- Summarize the paragraph.
- Start the paragraph.
How long should a topic sentence be?
- One sentence.
- Two sentences.
- Three sentences.
- As long as it needs to be.
"Draw a picture representing the topic sentence's main idea, Supporting Details and conclusion using only one sentence."