We've only got 12 more classes left. Taking that into consideration, what do you want to focus on these next weeks?
If we do more exams, which one would you like to improve/practice more? [Listening/Writing/Reading/Speaking]
What aspect of Reading you think you fail at?
- Comprehension of the general text
- Reading speed (I don't have time to finish!)
- I don't understand a lot of the vocabulary
- I fail at finding the right answer to the question
- I think Im good at reading, I don't have any major problems
- I forget what I read after a while and so I don't know which answer is correct
What aspect of UoE you find the hardest?
- Part 2 - find a word for the gap
- Part 3- Word vocabulary (word families)
- Part 4- Transformation
And why is that? Do you lack vocabulary? is it prepositions that you are bad at? Maybe you don't understand how to do some of these parts?
Writing. Why do you fail?
- I never check my corrected writings, so I don't learn from past mistakes
- Im not clear on what the structure of the different types of writings is
- I lack vocabulary and complex grammar and/or I don't know how to use it
- I think Im good at writing!
- Im not sure why I fail at writing!
- You don't manage time wisely
- Im not creative! I don't have many ideas when I am given a topic
In Listening what do you think is the most difficult?
- Speed of conversations
- General vocabulary
- I think Im good at listening
- I distract myself while listening
How do you like/ would you like to revise errors in Reading?
- As a class (everyone together)
- By redoing the exercise that is wrong
How do you like/ would you like to revise errors in Writing?
- Doing mistake sheets
- As a group (writing is anonymously projected on the board and we spot the mistakes)