Chapter 1 : How do you tend to read a piece of text with your class?
- round robin
- popcorn reading
- choral reading
Chapter 2: Teachers should make it a goal to plan lessons based on student learning preferences.
Chapter 3: Why is homework used as a default?
- More practice
- Need grades
- Keep them busy
- So families know what kids are doing
Chapter 4: What are some effective formative assessment techniques?
- Asking does everybody understand?
- Students draw stars to rank the most important topics
- Having students respond to a prompt independently
Chapter 5: What's Problematic About Standardized Test-Based Practices
- Data walls are not an effective way to support student success
- Results of state standardized tests are high susceptible to manipulations
- Teachers feel the need to teach to a test sampler
- Teachers are forced to rush through curriculum
Chapter 6: How do you hold students accountable for schoolwork and class behavior?
- Contact parents
- Restorative Circle
- Sit out of recess
- Behavior chart