What kinds of goals do people have in their lives?
Is it important to have goals in you life? Why?
Work together in pairs: What are some of the advantages of having goals in life?
Goals help us stay motivated to achieve something special. Goals help us stay focused and organized. Goals give us a sense of purpose and satisfaction when we reach them.
Why We Have Goals
Goals give people a sense of purpose and direction in life. Without goals, people can feel lost and unmotivated. Setting a goal allows you to focus on the positive steps you can take to achieve that goal. Studies have shown that having goals can improve your self-esteem and confidence levels.
Did you know?
Goals provide direction - Goals give us a sense of purpose and direction in our lives. When we have a goal, it helps us focus on what we need to do in order to achieve it. Goals help us stay motivated - When we have a goal, it gives us something to work towards. This can help us stay motivated and inspired to keep going when things get tough. Goals help us measure our progress - Goals allow us to measure our progress and see how far we have come. This can help us stay motivated to keep going and reach our goal.
What has inspired you to set a goal?
What has been the most difficult part of setting a goal for yourself?
Brain break: Draw a pig chasing a potato while wearing roller skates
Why do we have goals?
- To motivate ourselves and stay focused
- To waste time
- To confuse others
What is the purpose of setting goals?
- To provide direction and purpose in life
- To be spontaneous and unpredictable
- To make others jealous
How can having goals benefit us?
- By giving a sense of accomplishment when achieved
- By making life boring and predictable
- By causing stress and anxiety
What role do goals play in personal growth?
- They provide challenges to overcome and push us to improve
- They limit our potential for growth
- Goals are unnecessary for personal growth
Which of the following is a reason why setting goals is important?
- Goals are only meant for high-achievers
- It helps us measure progress towards our desired achievements
- Goals restrict creativity and innovation