Rank the various waves in the electromagnetic spectrum from highest energy to lowest.
What is the correct order of increasing energy?
- Microwaves, visible light, UV light, x-rays, gamma
- Microwaves, x-rays, gamma rays, visible light, UV light
- Microwaves, UV light, visible light, x-rays, gamma rays
- x-rays, gamma rays, microwaves, visible light, UV light
- UV light, visible light, microwaves, x-rays, gamma rays
A photon's wavelength is 663 nm, what is its energy? 1.) 4.40 x 10^-37 J 2) 3.00 x 10^-22 J 3) 4.40 x 10^-40 J 4) 3.00 x 10^-19 J
Write down everything you can tell me about the interactions between light and what it causes to matter? (include the type of light followed by action - example "Radio causes spin nucleus")
When a given molecule absorbs a photon of infrared (IR) radiation...
- It begins to vibrate.
- It promotes electrons into delocalized bonding orbitals.
- It bring to rotate.
- Its electrons are excited to higher energy levels.
- It leads to hemolytic cleavage.
What are some of the things we need to know about the wave-particle duality?
Write down anything you need to know about the wave-particle duality concept?
The famous electron diffraction patter is proof of what concept?
- Particles can exhibit wave-like properties.
- The location and trajectory of electrons can be found.
- Electromagnetic radiation can exhibit wave-like properties.
- Electrons can spin when hit by microwave radiation.
According to de Broglie, which of the following objects has the smallest wavelength?
Quantum Mechanics Application
Draw the different shapes of the quantum number l.
The size of an atomic orbital is determined by which quantum number? 1) ml 2) l 3) ms 4) n
Let's think about the quantum numbers boundaries. What are they?
Write down the quantum numbers boundaries.
In an atom, what would be the maximum number of electrons having the quantum numbers n=6 and l=2? 1) 72 2) 6 3) 5 4) 10 5) 8
Aufbau, Hund, and Pauli Theories
Which theory does it violate?
Which of the following violates Aufbau?