In one word, what is the most important expectation in the classroom?
Respect, n: Treating someone as you would want to be treated
Responsibility, n: the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.
Collaboration, n: the action of working with someone to produce or create something.
Work together in pairs: What is one thing you feel you need to remember about classroom expectations in order to be successful in 8th grade?
What are some ways you can contribute to creating a positive and respectful classroom environment?
Brain break: Draw a dinosaur with wings playing a guitar and wearing a cowboy hat
What are some ways you can be a great student?
Why is it important to follow classroom rules?
What should you do if you need help in class?
- Raise your hand and ask for assistance
- Wait until the end of class
- Interrupt the teacher
What is an example of good classroom behavior?
- Doodling on your notebook
- Texting on your phone
- Listening attentively to the teacher
Why should students arrive to class on time?
- To not miss important instructions or information
- So you can have unlimited tacos
- To have more time for socializing