Attendance - Show up every day! Being in class for the entire period is essential to the best learning Engagement - Participate in all class learning activities Teachers will - Show up prepared with purposeful activities for learning Students should - Show up consistently and try their best
Which emoji do you use most often?
A student walks out of the classroom without a pass. Which response is worst?
- The student is not allowed back in class for the day.
- The student returns when they want and nothing is said or done.
- The teacher publically shames the student when they return to class.
- The student never returns to class and nothing is done.
A student walks out of class without a pass. Which response is best?
- The teacher quietly reminds them to ask for a pass before leaving next time.
- The teacher does not allow the student back in class.
- The teacher calls home to let the parents/guardians know the concern
- I have another idea.
Ask for and take a pass. Don't take forever. You will always get an in class break as well. 2 people out per class break at a time. No more than 1 additional pass out of class should be necessary daily. Feedback?
How much time do you spend on your phone during an average class period?
- None or I don't have a phone
- Some of the hour
- Most of the hour
- I'm always on my phone
Did you know?
Research shows that students who used their cell phones during class had an average grade of 10% lower than those who didn't. Cell phone usage in class can be so distracting that it can take up to 25 minutes to refocus on the task at hand. The average student spends over 4 hours a day on their cell phone, with over half of that time being used during school hours.
How do you think your phone use impacts your learning?
How should we as your teachers help you best manage your cell phone use?
Draw a silly monster with five eyes, ten tentacles, and a brightly colored polka dot bikini
In short words or phrases describe what you need to be successful in class. (For example: Quiet or Talkative, Fast or Slow pacing, Digital or Non-digital)
Computer Assignment You'll be assigned a specific computer number. It will stay in this classroom.